Thursday

Avocado, Mozzarella and Tomato Salad!

I made this last night for dinner and was quite impressed with myself when Ryan said it was one of his favorite salads he's ever had! Hearing Ryan say salad and favorite in the same sentence was a feat in itself! The fact that I didn't even follow a recipe and it took less than 5 minutes to make made me smile and I will definetly be making this on a regular basis. We had some avocados, tomatoes and fresh mozzarella from a local Italian market in our fridge and I decided to combine these ingredients together for a light healthy salad. I chopped everything up and combined it with some basil, drizzle of olive oil, vinegar and seasoned with some seasalt and cracked pepper! It was so delicious, nutritious and easy! YUMMY!

* Mozzarella cheese is a lowfat cheese and is high in protein and calcium. Olive oil and avocado are great sources of the healthy fats (omega 3 fatty acids) which helps prevent heart disease, cancer, depression and arthritis. Omega 3 fatty acids have also been proven to help with concentration and energy levels!

No comments: