Friday

A Healthy Balance

"Life is partly what we make it, and partly what it is made by the friends we choose.”
Today I am reminded yet again about the power of a great friendship. I am blessed to have people in my life that support and lift me up and thinking about not having them around makes it a very hollow life.
I see it so often, a girl or guy gets smitten and they put all their happiness in their relationship leaving their friends behind. When you have a relationship where you are dependent on your significant other this will lead to an unhealthy relationship.
I'm happy that I have always recognized the significance of having girl time in addition to the quality time I share with Ry. This balance can be tough but is essential for a life of happiness. Friends make you laugh,smile and are always their for a good cry and listening ear.
Try to find a balance that you feel comfortable with and be conscious of this balance as you continue in your relationship.

“A friend is someone who understands your past, believes in your future, and accepts you just the way you are.”




No comments: