Tuesday

Lemon Pasta with Roasted Shrimp


This recipe was passed down from my brilliant mom and I absolutely love it. Love it so much so that I invited 7 of my closest friends over Friday to spend some quality time together and make this for them. For those Food Network fans it's an Ina Garten recipe which is one of my fav's. The dish is somewhat healthy and takes only about 20 minutes to prepare which is my style-quick and easy. This recipe wont disappoint and if you have any Vegetarian friends this is an easy choice.

Ingredients
2 pounds (17 to 21 count) shrimp, peeled and deveined
Good olive oil
Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper
1 pound angel hair pasta
4 tablespoons (1/2 stick) unsalted butter, melted
2 lemons, zested and juiced

Directions
Preheat the oven to 400 degrees F.
Place the shrimp on a sheet pan with 1 tablespoon olive oil, 1/2 teaspoon salt, and 1/2 teaspoon pepper. Toss well, spread them in 1 layer, and roast for 6 to 8 minutes, just until they're pink and cooked through.

Meanwhile, drizzle some olive oil in a large pot of boiling salted water, add the angel hair, and cook al dente, about 3 minutes. Drain the pasta, reserving some of the cooking liquid. Quickly toss the angel hair with the melted butter, 1/4 cup olive oil, the lemon zest, lemon juice, 2 teaspoons salt, 1 teaspoon pepper and about 1/2 cup of the reserved cooking liquid. Add the shrimp and serve hot.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

I'm sorry I missed the dinner party. This recipe looks delicious!

Lauren Pursley said...

Give it a try, I think you and Jon would love it!