Tuesday

Home is where the heart is

The view from our balcony of the fire pit/ BBQ area
Ryan and I were given my parent's kitchen table which we stained
and painted the legs black for an updated look. I used a yellow shirt that I had never worn to make the pillow. I love the pleats on the pillow and it was free! How can you beat that??!!
I painted this...canvas, acryllic paint...cheap and fun!
I never thought we would have yellow in our room but it seemed to brighten up our black & white color scheme. The yellow makes the room feel like it's full of sunshine!Double sinks...heavenly! Our favorite color is blue! It's peaceful and reminds us of the ocean
Ryan and I just recently moved to another unit in the same complex and have spent our time recently redecorating the space to make it our own. We love the fact that the unit is right next to the amenities- the BBQ/fire pit area, pool, gym, etc. and even though moving was a huge pain, I'm beginning to think I enjoy the whole process of reorganizing and redecorating. It makes me excited to think of new color combinations and different arrangements with the furniture and because Ryan is an Engineer he seems to enjoy the process just as much as I do and we have found it to be something that we both are passionate about. Ryan and I had a blast painting and one of our favorite things about the new place is the fact that it's tucked away in the back of the complex so we are able to enjoy dinner sitting outside on our balcony which is something we werent able to do at our previous place because it was too noisy. Ryan built a table for our balcony and I'm really excited about spending our nights eating dinner overlooking the lighted firepit area! Above are some pics of our place so far:)

If Home is where the heart is
May your Home be blessed
A shelter from the storms of life
A place of rest,
And when each day is over
And toil put in it's place
Your Home's dear warmth
Will bring its smile
To light the saddest face.
-John McLeon

No comments: